Frequently Asked Questions

Does University Real Estate & Development arrange housing for temporary assignments away from Campus?

If the temporary assignment requires housing on a monthly basis beyond the initial 30 days, yes we do. Please proceed to the Space Request Form and submit the details. If the stay period needed does not extend to a full second month or beyond, it is best to arrange for approval by your assigning department to pay for one’s own housing and submit the expense as a travel reimbursement.

Does University Real Estate & Development provide any assistance for faculty/staff/students who are relocating to the Raleigh area?

The Benefits Office has information on services related to housing for faculty/staff. Please refer to Students should contact University Housing at 515-2440.

Does University Real Estate & Development have a listing of available residential rental property near campus?

University Housing provides this service. They can be reached at 515-2440.

I would like to donate a gift of real property to NC State. How can I find out more information?

Please contact the Office of Gift Planning at 515-9076. Policies, Regulations and Rules for accepting gifts of real property.

Do you offer real estate classes?

Information about real estate courses is available from the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.

How do I request more space for my department?

All requests for new and additional space go before the University Space Committee. Please complete the Space Request Form, sign and submit.